Monday, September 23, 2013

9 days later finally going to la casa de Dino.

Dark bags under our eyes, the scent of layers of sweat mixed with closed air spaces and Chinese food has left us not to enjoyable to be around unless you have a cold. We are ready to get back to Luca's house but it has not been easy. Our body's are confused and we are mentally and physically drained. We took a train from Shanghai at 6:20 pm on the 11th and got to Guangzhou at 11:30am on the 12th. The train was as usual in China as packed as my parents house would be with my dads piles if my mom wasn't around, jam packed. There are 3 options for the train.  1- bed. You have your own bed in a room with 3 others in a closed room. 2-sit down. Chairs that are as stiff as principals. They are bench style seating with 2 or 3 people on both sides. Also they have a mini table that serves as a pillow when your desperate. Finally #3-standing, yes standing. This usually means sleeping on top of luggage, or in tiny crevices outside of bathrooms or inbetween trains. 17 hours sitting down was not that much fun I couldnt even believe these people who were standing. I guess in desperate measures people are willing to do a lot worse, however it still seemed crazy to me because we felt crazy for sitting in a tight space for that long.

3 comments:

  1. I am planning a trip to America March or April 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you smelled anything like you did when you got home from Eugene I'm glad I wasn't there to greet you!

    ReplyDelete