Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Random thoughts and more to come manana

Watching a little boy on the train ride home after an amazingly unexpected day I saw something that got me thinking.

This little boy was ferociously digging for some gold in both of his nostrils and it was surprisingly cute. His grandma showded him not to do that. She demonstrated to him how he can wipe his nose but not to stick his whole finger up them! Right after she demonstrated this he went right back at it, almost getting his whole fist in there. This happened a few times but the kid just kept at it until the grandma gave it a rest.

That's a special stage in life, where you can publicly do something weird or gross and feel fully confident about, he did not doubt himself once. This stage usually happens when you are young and dont feel embarrassment yet, or you are old and don't give a turd. Like two covers on a book. However there are some people out in the world who are smart enough to stop caring early and get a diggin'. I happen to know a few.

You will never get time back.

I was thinking when I go back to UO to take a public speaking class. It's a great skill to know and I could definitely use some confidence when it comes to talking infront of my classes. (Nothing happened today public speaking wise, I just was thinking about class presentations).

Happy October. Wow this is all going by so fast, I'm just about half way through with this travel, even though I don't have a return ticket! I'm starting to feel crunched on time and I will have to make decisions on where I want to spend time. SE Asia or China & Japan. Tough life,  I know.

Love y'all, photos to come soon.

6 comments:

  1. from Turkey greetings,we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a life full of success,dont forget me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. get a life full of success,dont forget me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure to leave time for the south pacific - Hawaii, Bali, the Cook Islands - all sound magnificent to me. BTW what's better a public nose picker or a public person intensely staring a a nose picker - just sayin' 2 sides of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you can combine your two interests: become a public speaker/nose-picker. The combo might hold peoples attention longer, you know, the additional suspense of whether the fishing expedition will have a successful outcome. And, how you will dispose of it. you know, it ain't mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You brothers have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete