Saturday, November 30, 2013

China round 2

NIHAO MA!!!

This whole trip I asked myself why I have a winter jacket and long underwear and now I know why! Because I was planning on staying in China for a long time and it is cold here!

After leaving China my last visit with a strange feeling I am pleasantly suprised about how amazing of a day and how excited I am for my days in Beijing. And as is when you get to a new place you want to see/do EVERYTHING and wish you had more time.

Here people speak English and the city is clean and beautiful. An ancient city in the middle of the new capital and its an amazing mixture. It doesn't feel overcrowded, overused or hectic the other places in China felt. This is a Chinese city where you feel like you are pleasantly in China. Actually I couldn't help but feeling like I was in Chicago all day. Something about the cold windy weather and the ways the trees blew in the wind and blew leaves around the streets. The way people dressed and the wide streets and clean city.

I also have had to keep in mind that all these impressions are coming after the countryside of China, Thailand and Myanmar.

I believe I understand the definitions of 3rd, 2nd and 1st world.

Happy thanksgiving to all! Love all of you! I'm thankful for all of you and your all constantly in my thoughts. The most important thing in life for me is people and the most important people in my life is my family and friends. THANK YOU!

Speaking of friends I got to see my amazing friend Yiren tonight who I hadn't seen in over a year but not a second had passed and it was unbelievable! Truly unbelievable to be able to go around the world and see people who you have created relationships with and to create relationships with new people as well who I hope to meet in future time.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet a cousin whom I never knew existed, should be fun!

On the air, road, bus, taxi, scooter, bicycle, legs, Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment