Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Japanese brotha

Haven't seen my boy Roy in about 3 years now. Which sounds like wayyyy longer than it feels because we made so many amazing memories together. It was crazy seeing him again with such a gap of time between us. After 1:30 hours of looking for each other (we're both good with planning details) we found each other and we were off. What do you begin talking about after not seeing each other for 3 years? I wished I could just say one massive word and tell him everything at once but I'm still trying to invent that word. We spent the rest of the night catching up, laughing and making new memories. Before too long we were back to the basics of our friendship and it was awesome. I think it was difficult for him a little ar first adjusting to speaking English and he didn't want to feel or show me that he might not remember all his English.  But in reality we were communicating better than we ever have. His English might be better than ever and in a few snaps he was speaking "Mac" again and noone could understand us haha. I also think he was a little off guard seeing me again especially in Japan, he said he thought he would probably never see me again.

After spending 3 unbelievable days of friendship together (not trying to make this a love story) all of a sudden we were having to say "nos vemos" again (not goodbye). He is seriously my Japanese brother. We dig each other's thoughts, approach to life, jokes, love towards others, happiness, dancing skilks haha and just each other's company.

But part of the reason it was a little strange at first when we first met is because he is working a job that is not who he is and it doesn't make him happy. It took him a second to throw this off of his shoulders and fall back into himself again. That's what I loved so much about seeing him again because I knew he would shortly crack out of this shell his job put on him and jump back into his comfy clothes. I was so happy to be able to help him do this and with the time we spent together I'm sure he will leave his job shortly and follow what he wants to do. Because we both understand (as much as one can try to) that life is short, you could die tomorrow and you wouldn't want to do it without living your life the best way you can. A compromise between what you want to and what you can actually do, but way more on the side of what you want to do and what makes you feel like making life worth living. Feeling every breath and being invested with your heart and energy into what your doing as well as having time to yourself.

But what do we know were just dreamers, but were not the only ones!

An unforgettable few days that has addedd to the highlight reel of my trip and definitely to the top of my Japan trip and I've had an awesome 8 days here.

Also, so cool to meet friends in there own homes/countries. Seeing the way you act in there countries and they act in yours. Understanding each other on a level that you couldn't before, there mannerisms, phrases,  childhood, environment, everyday life.

Also I love caos. Not being certain of anything. Looking behind the closed door and the unknown. For me adventure is not knowing and I can't live without adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Royske is your brother from another mother. We have great and fun memories of his trip to chicago too. Btw well said. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete