Friday, August 16, 2013

What chu thinkin' lincoln?

BWhat do you think about doing something right the first time? How possible is it and what does it mean to even do something right?

I have been in cappadoccia now for 4 days without a plan. I have had 3 1/2 great days. The 1/2 bc I got a bug and was sick for half the day. But this place is so unique in the world and I have realized more and more how Turkey is as well. An example of almost being paralyzed by options. Rent a bike, car, scooter, hot air balloon, what valley to hike, what museum to go to, etc etc etc. Along the way I have asked many locals opinions and i have received great advice. I am also travelling with a guy I met who has input also,  so long as we can communicate bc his English is how people here would say "50 50". But now that I am leaving tomorrow to go to antalya I realize what I would do if I was here again. Where to stay, what to do, what to rent. I have had an amazing time in cappadoccia and would say its on a "must do list". I got a taste of culture and youth life with memet in urgub, a taste of unbelievable geology, human innovation, and churches in goreme. Overall human beings are amazing and have been for a long time.

Next stop antalya, as my friend says the best spot on the Mediterranean.  I beleive him as far as popularity goes because everyone I've talked to seems to share a similar opinion. However I almost made a last second decision to go to Ankara, the capital, for only one reason. To go to the Anatolian first civilization museum. Gordian (sp) is the first civilization in the world. At this museum they have artifacts from the first civilization and it is supposed to be amazing. But I would end up spending too much money and time to go to one museum. I chose to spend more time exploring the coast and Istanbul. But my nezt visit to Turkey ill be there.

Some thoughts on the future: Ive been thinking a bit about the future here and also some cool opportunities have popped up. Keep in mind these are just thoughts.

There are some more great Israel trips that some rich Jews are crazy and awesome for dishing out this kind of cash. At the end of our trip we got presented with 4 different options for living and working in tel aviv. A variety of different options: environmental, english, business and digital media classes. They range from 1, 000-4, 000 for 4-8months with apt, stipend and in some cases flights paid for. So I could do that for 4-6 months then go down to Eilat (sp) and work on a kibbutz and kite board and scuba dive. Maybe even be instructors (if I get good enough).

Another throught was to do a masters program abroad abd I wsd thinking Istanbul at an English speaking universiry. I met one of yussufs ciusins and he was studying there and loved it. Yussuf told me about how great of a university it is for all kinds of reasons. Now if I couldbonly remember the name.

But I think that I will want to go back to school for a little,  but not until I work (not a desk job) for a little. I really enjoy school and learning more than ever and I love the student life and environment. Also doing it in another country would be sickkkkk

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your mind is on fire. Keep it up and love the updates. Mom, Emma and I are having a great west coast trip.

    ReplyDelete