Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Two types of families

Here I am with 2 different families I was spending time with. One was planned, one was not. One I knew they were family the other I did not. Here I am infront of Yusufs house in Orhanli village. Where the air is full of fresh food cooking one minute and cow whose products you will be eating for lunch the next. Talk about fresh. I feel disconnected from food much of the time and how far it has travelled to get to my plate. Is this actually organic, where is it coming from, how far did it travel to get here? How long has it been sitting for? In this village none of would ever even be on ones mind, obviously its all from within the village and their own luscious gardens. Note above our heads grapes growing. Anyways the sound of the village was full of kids running around, bicycles crashing and family talking in Turkish and Arabic.  Sight was full of houses of all colors and coloful fruits hanging from trees. The taste was delicous food and dust from the streets and the feel was family,  everyone either was or acted like they were family.  Not in the "I was born into it" way but in the "these people are the most important people in my life, they are my life" way. Kindof like my aunt nelly one night up at the great gatsbys pad said "love is love and family is everything".

In the other picture I am in a cave house with some Turks after one night I was told through broken English " We Al Capone, but good, Turkish Mafia". No worries nothing bad happened and I did not witness anything bad. Just a crazy thing to find out as you are sitting in their isolated cave house with a pittbull outside,  the Quran in the center of the bookshelf and my name is Macabee and I just was in Israel. This is info I kept to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment