Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Antalya-side

I have been sleeping on the balcony of yusufs cousins apartment in antalya. His name is yusuf also and he is actually crashing here until he finds a place as well. Everythint here has been great except my health. My stomach is slowly getting better but ive been struggling for the last 4 days. I took advice the advice of my previous hotel owner to tske asprin and sprite. Originally I felt better but overtime everythint got worse. Luckily yusufs brother Ali, who is in residency here and graduated number 1from his med school class is here, he told me that asprin and sprite is terrible for me and gave me other intestinal medicine to take. He is an angel. But I am now recovering and feeling better every day. Health is so important and being sick is not fun no matter where you are or who you are with.

Either way I have continued to do activities, slowly gaining back my health. I went to a close beach town side. I first went to the waterfalls which was a mistake and a tourist trap. I shortly left and headed for the ancient greek city of side. Here the city gate, theater (which they stilk host events in), ancient aquaducts, they ancient city walls and the temple of Apollo and Athena. In the previous picture I am standing with the temple of Athena or Apollo. They are next to each other while one is barely standing while the others infrastructure is only visible. This again demonstrates how humans are amazing. How did they carve these amazing precise pillars? And the detailed faces and artwork in the pillars?  How did they build something do tall and get it to stand without a crane? I guess you work with what you have, finding a way to do things with what they had available.

Side was ancient greece and modern Europe. It is a huge destination for Europeans and they were in full force. The beach was full of resorts restaurants music and dancing spaces. I slept on the beach on a lawn chair! It was actually quite comfy. Plenty of people slept scattered around the beach both for necessity and enjoyment.  The next morning I pretended I was staying at a hotel and got free breakfast!  Ya baby!

2 comments:

  1. Continue to feel better. Sleeping on the beach sounds great and a free breakfast to boot!

    ReplyDelete