Monday, September 8, 2014

My incubator

I'm sitting here a little too comfortable at the airport. With my big green LL bean backpacking backpack and my grocery bag full enough to feed a family. My mammas doing (thanks!).

I'm feeling comfortable because I've been used to being on the road. I lived in a teepee for a summer then I went abroad for the first time by myself to Chile and Argentina for my study abroad. Then I went to on a 5 month tour of Asia by myself but meeting up with local friends along the way (best way to travel). Then I finished college, travelled along the west coast, from as far south as L.A. to as far north as Vancouver, BC and many places in between. Sleeping in the comfort of my tent, couches, floors, R.V's, a Teepee and even sometimes a really nice bed (not sure if it was, or it was just relative). When I wasn't on I-5 or 101 I was taking refuge at my cousins house in Hood River. Even there we were always on the road to a trailhead or a kiting launch site. It has been a hell of a time.

But at some point you need to recharge your battery and live in a stable environment. With a bed that's yours a pantry that you can parade through and people who know you as well as you know yourself. The incubator. I am so happy I was able to just spend over a month in my incubator at the age of 23. Yeah they make bigger ones these days. I feel rested, rejuvenated and full of love. Coming home always reminds me of who I am and where I come from. My roots and the place I have lived the majority of my life. Where I put down the building blocks of my life and let me tell you it helped me built a solid foundation.

Leaving the incubator I am ready to take on this new adventure and excel at it. It started off on a good note. After all I have 0.5 lbs of weight to spare in my bags combined!

Love you all!

Here's a photo of my incubator

No comments:

Post a Comment